- This article is a stub. Please help out the Camp Camp Wikia by expanding it.
"Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected" is the 7th episode of Camp Camp.
|“||Preston makes the kids put on a play. Max steals David's phone. The Flower Scouts stalk Neil, and David meets someone new.||”|
At their makeshift stage, David introduces an original play written by Preston Goodplay, Romeo and Juliet II: Love Resurrected. With Neil as Romeo and Nikki as Juliet, Max, who is playing a wizard, teases Neil about his upcoming kiss scene with Nikki. Already a nervous wreck, he asks Max to shut up while Nikki laments about her role being lame. They over hear David looking for his phone, which Max reveals to have stolen. While snooping on it, Max discovers David's Tinder profile. But he's interrupted by Preston who pushes him on stage for his only scene as the Wizard who uses black magic to resurrect Juliet. After his scene finishes, Preston announces its time for an intermission and order everyone to go buy snacks. And he yells at Max for his terrible acting, but praises the Platypus for its portrayal as Lady Capulet.
While Neil is distracted by Max and his plans to change David's Tinder profile and exchanging the counselor's profile picture with a picture of Neil in costume, they both fail to notice the three Flowerscouts Sasha, Erin, and Tabii are on the side of the stage. Tabii, who is still madly in love with Neil, tells Sasha that she plans to kiss him on stage as Juliet. On stage, Neil's character Romeo is reanimated as a cyborg by mad scientist Friar Laurence, played by Dolph. While Nikki watches the scene from off stage, the Flowerscouts sneak up behind her and drag her away. Max doesn't notice his friend's capture since he's accepting a date on David's behalf from a woman named Bonquisha via the dating app.
Back on stage during Neil's monologue, Tabii, in Nikki's Juliet costume, enters the stage reciting Juliet's lines. Preston, not knowing who Tabii is but loving her acting, let's the scene continue. Right when Tabii leans in to kiss Neil, Bonquisha shows up, mistaking Neil for David and yelling at him for two timing her. Bonquisha and Tabii proceed to enter a physical altercation as Neil faints from all the pressure, while David in a panic runs on stage to stop them. Max distracts David by claiming to have just found his phone right when the FBI show up due to some peculiar google searches coming from David's phone. Such searches include "How to blow up a summer camp", "Super murder plot", and "What do boobies look like". As David is in the process of being arrested, Max takes responsibility for his actions and apologizes to the FBI and Bonquisha. The FBI question David on the location of Cameron Campbell, which he denies knowing where he is, before they let David go.
Tabii finishes her scene before Preston wraps up the play, only for the audience to throw tomatoes at him. Sasha and Erin drag Tabii away and apologize for her behavior. Right when David is about to reprimand Max for his actions, Bonquisha tells David he owes her a date. David tries to politely decline it, only for Bonquisha to pick him up and carry him away, saying someone was going to date her. Neil finally wakes up from his fainting spell, completely unaware of the events that had just transpired. But before Max regales him with the details, the two boys finally notice Nikki's absence. Nikki meanwhile, is tied upside down to the rafters after the Flowerscouts kidnapped her.
- The transcript for "Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected" may be edited here.
Preston: Thank you, thank you. It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to tonight's production. Written and directed, of course, by me. It is a classic tale of forbidden love, betrayal, and friendship. So without further ado I present to you: Romeo and Juliet II: Love Resurrected.
Tabii: Oh, Robo-Romeo, soon the evil empire will be upon us and you'll have to fight to save the galaxy. Let us kiss one last time *Neil makes distressed noises* before you possibly die in the battle. *makes kissy noises*
Preston: Attention, fellow campers. I would just like to apologize for the sheer absurdness that you've witnessed. Please, be kind as you judge this play, and if you happen to be from Rotten Tomatoes, please rate Fresh! Thank you!
- To see the full gallery, go to Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected/Gallery.
No gallery for Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected exists yet! You can create it here.
- The titular play is a sequel/remake of William Shakespeare's classic play Romeo and Juliet. When Tabii later assumes the role of Juliet after the Flowerscouts kidnap Nikki, several of her lines directly reference actual lines from Romeo and Juliet.
- When Max, Neil, and Nikki are first complaining about the play, Neil appears to be dressed as a character wearing a Scouter from Dragon Ball Z, later revealed as "Robo-Romeo", while Max appears to be wearing a wizard costume. Dolph's character also resembles that of Dr. Frankenstein from Mary Shelley's novel Frankenstein.
- Nurf walks by while Max and the others are complaining, carrying a box containing a plunger, a trumpet, a bowling ball, and what appears to be ORF from X-Ray and Vav (another Rooster Teeth series).
- David's "interests" on Tinder appear to include the entire list of activities listed in the "Camp Camp Song Song". His age is also revealed to be 24.
- During the intermission, as Tabii and Sasha talk, Tabii says about Neil, "Look how sweat on his upper lip glistens in the moonlight," and the screen shows an extremely detailed close-up shot of Neil's sweaty upper lip. This trope was popularized by the cartoon TV series The Ren & Stimpy Show.
- When Erin returns from the snack bar with refreshments, she is seen holding two drinks. The logo on the cups resembles that of Starbucks, but with an image of a dead fish instead. Sasha then asks her if she got her pumpkin spice, a reference to the pumpkin spice latte (a drink that is stereotyped as being particularly popular with young women).
- When Robo-Romeo awakens, he states "System startup. Installing Windows update." This is a reference to the annoying screens that appear on startup on Windows 10 systems every time an auto-update occurs (which happens frequently).
- Following Robo-Romeo's discovery that Juliet is dead, he yells "Noooooooooooo" in a manner very reminiscent of Darth Vader at the end of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith. Immediately afterwards, Nurf plays a bass synthesizer riff clearly reminiscent of the music from Seinfeld.
- When David is arrested, he exclaims that he's been framed, just like Steven Avery, a reference to the real figure on whom the Netflix documentary series Making a Murderer is focused on.
- After the play concludes, Preston apologizes for the "sheer absurdness" of what has taken place, and asks that if anyone is from Rotten Tomatoes, they write "Fresh".
- Nikki is left hanging from the rafters at the end of the episode. Her last line after the screen has faded to black is "Well, guess it's time to drink my own pee." This is likely a reference to Bear Grylls and his technique of drinking his own urine to stave off dehydration, which he frequently employs in various wilderness survival series (especially Man vs. Wild).
- According to the credits, Agent #1 is voiced by Jeremy Dooley, and Agent #2 is voiced by Patrick Rodriguez. Kendra Ziegler voices an angry camper.