|“||I don't know who this bitch is but she is KILLING it! Ah!||”|
— Preston Goodplay, "Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected"
Preston Goodplay is a Theater Camp camper at Camp Campbell. He spends his time writing plays and watching them as well. His interests include "Les Miserables" and "Hamilton".
Preston is most likely modeled after the famous playwright and stage actor, William Shakespeare, due to his similar hairstyle and outfit similar to that that of 1500's fashion.
His hair is a dark auburn, contrasting with his pale pink skin, and his eyes are a golden-yellow. He wears a yellow shirt and a matching yellow neck ruff. Preston has two puffed sleeves, which are a striped mix of dark and light green. He has dark-green jeans with visible pockets, which are tucked into small purple boots.
Preston is deeply passionate over just about anything, especially if it involves theater. He has a wide knowledge of many plays, such as "Les Misérables" and "Romeo and Juliet". The way he expresses his emotions are loud and animated, which makes him come off as very intense. Preston is deeply ambitious and dislikes anything that goes against his vision, being quick to anger if something goes awry, much to the dismay of the other campers.
Preston is also shown to be passionate about the plays he writes. In Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected, he states that he had already turned the play into a trilogy. He is also shown to make exceptions to when he gets upset, such as when Tabii comes in as Juliet. When he watches her act, he smiles and says, "I don't know who this bitch is, but she is KILLING it!"
In The Order of the Sparrow, he is shown to have the energy and ability to clean the entire forest in a very short amount of time (less than a day). When David tells him that the forest was dirty because "It's the forest," Preston seems momentarily surprised before replying "I know! I really did some good today!"
- To see the full gallery, go to Preston Goodplay/Gallery.
- Preston's full name was first revealed in the teaser trailer. He is the first character whose first and last names were revealed.
- Preston, alongside Meredith Miller, Cameron Campbell, Space Kid, Edward Pikeman and Jermy Fartz, Billy Nikssilp, Dolph Houston, and Gaylord Nurfington are the only characters in the show so far to have their last names revealed.
- Although Preston's first appearance was in "Escape from Camp Campbell", Preston's voice actor was not revealed until the fourth episode– "Camp Cool Kidz".
- In "Camp Cool Kidz", Preston is seen holding a pen as he pursues Space Kid. This is most likely a reference to the idiom, "the pen is mightier than the sword".
- In Camp Cool Kidz, he apparently likes to drink large amounts of soda.
- His voice actor, Georden Whitman, is also a concept artist for Camp Camp.
- Preston is shown to vomit easily, as stated by Nikki in "Parents' Day" and is shown in "Quartermaster Appreciation Day."
- He is also shown to scream like a girl when in peril, as shown in "NIGHT OF THE LIVING ILL."
- The result of Preston having a habit of raising his voice at times may be because of his grandmother's difficulty with hearing.
- A common animation error involving Preston is how he disappears after the first few scenes of an episode, as shown in the episode "Mascot" and in the episode "Camporee".