Preston Goodplay is a theater camp camper at Camp Campbell.
Preston is most likely modeled after the famous poet and stage actor, William Shakespeare, since he has a similar hairstyle and his outfit is that of 1500s fashion.
His hair is a dark auburn, contrasting with his pale skin, and he has golden-yellow eyes. He wears a yellow shirt, and a matching yellow neck ruff. He also wears two puffed sleeves, which are a striped mix of dark and light green. He has dark-green jeans with visible pockets, which are tucked into small purple boots.
Preston is deeply passionate about anything that has to do with theater, and has a wide knowledge of many plays, such as "Les Misérables" and "Romeo and Juliet". The way he expresses his emotions are loud and animated, which makes him come off as kind of intense. He is deeply ambitious and dislikes anything that goes against his vision, being quick to anger if something goes awry.
Preston is also shown to be passionate about the plays he writes. In Romeo & Juliet II: Love Resurrected, he states that he had already turned the play into a trilogy. He is also shown to make exceptions to when he gets upset, such as when Tabii comes in as Juliet. When he watches her act, he smiles and says, "I don't know who this bitch is, but she is KILLING it!"
In The Order of the Sparrow, he is shown to have the energy and ability to clean the entire forest in a very short amount of time (less than a day). When David tells him that the forest was dirty because "It's the forest," Preston seems momentarily surprised before replying "I know! I really did some good today!"
- To see the full gallery, go to Preston Goodplay/Gallery.
- Preston's full name was first revealed in the teaser trailer. He is the first character whose first and last names were revealed.
- Preston Goodplay along with Cameron Campbell, Billy Nikssilp, Jermy Fartz and Edward Pikeman are the only characters whose last names have been revealed at this time.
- Although Preston's first appearance was in "Escape from Camp Campbell", Preston's voice actor was not revealed until the fourth episode– "Camp Cool Kidz".
- In "Camp Cool Kidz", Preston is seen holding a pen as he pursues Space Kid. This is most likely a reference to the idiom, "the pen is mightier than the sword".
- His voice actor, Georden Whitman, is also a concept artist for Camp Camp.