|“||Did it ever occur to you that maybe I'm just a product of a judgmental, overprotective society?||”|
Nurf is stocky with a light complexion with freckles, green eyes, and slightly spiky red hair. He has a large nose and a cleft chin. Nurf wears a ripped yellow t-shirt that exposes his lower stomach and belly button, a pair of brown shorts and dark brown shoes.
In "The Order of the Sparrow," his Native American wear consists of a size-too-small ripped Camp Cambell shirt, brown pants and reddish brown boots. He also has red markings on both sides of his cheeks along with a single feathered stripe headband that he wears on his head.
Nurf is an angry child who finds joy in constantly tormenting the other campers. He is, however, surprisingly aware of his problems and actively tries to change his habits. He is rather organized about his bullying and is rather insightful and articulate. Similar to Max, he uses rather crude language.
Despite how intelligent he seems to be, most of the time he carries himself as a violent brute. As such, he only responds to similar violence, as demonstrated when he ceases his violent behavior only after David accidentally slaps him while tripping. After this experience, he goes to lie down and, overall, manages to tone down his behavior by the next season. In Season 2, he rarely showed any signs of aggression at all (Except for in "Eggs Benefits," where he seems to have negative feelings towards Preston.)
- Nurf has a large, seemingly endless supply of knives.
- Nurf is shown a Rorschach in "David Gets Hard" that seems to depict sexual intercourse. His reaction seems to indicate that he has witnessed (e.g. his parents), or been victim of such an act.
- In the episode "Anti-Social Network", it is revealed that his mother is in jail.
- In the episode "Bonjour Bonquisha," he also reveals that his mother just got pregnant at the time in hopes of getting his father back.
- According to the writers, Nurf was a difficult character to incorporate into the story.
- He is revealed to be lactose intolerant in the episode "Space Camp Was a Hoax," after he eats the cheese slices that they were supposed to use as a launching pad, and gets sick afterward.
- In the episode "David Gets Hard", Nurf is shown punching and cracking Space Kid's helmet, despite the helmet being bulletproof in the episode "Escape from Camp Campbell" after Mr. Campbell used it to shield himself from the bullets. This implies that Nurf is unnaturally strong.
- Although he is usually seen as the bully of the camp, he is shown to have sympathy and understanding too at times, such as when he states that he only bullies Neil on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and nondenominational holidays, as he "understands that Neil celebrates the Sabbath" or when he finds that the platypus egg that he and Preston were tasked to raise, has to be protected at all costs and has to be raised better than how he was raised as a kid.
- In the episode "Anti-Social Network," it is revealed that he explored his sexuality in the past, with a boy called Chris, implying he may either be bisexual, pansexual, or gay.
- Though he can be seen reading a men's magazine in the teaser trailer it can be assumed that he is either bi or pan.
- Nurf, alongside Preston Goodplay, Cameron Campbell, Space Kid, Edward Pikeman and Jermy Fartz, Billy Nikssilp, Dolph Houston, and Meredith Miller are the only characters in the show so far to have their last names revealed.
- Though he is infamous for his love of violence and knives, he is also shown to have a love for art. As he is seen caring for his tomato garden in "Escape from Camp Campbell" and as he is seen to be able to mold his face perfectly as a clay sculpture in "Jermy Fartz."
- Like Nikki, Nurf is shown to believe in Santa Claus as shown in "A Camp Camp Christmas, or Whatever." Albeit both having the belief that Santa Claus is real, they have completely different reasons for it. Nikki believes that Santa is real because he's the one handing out all the presents whereas Nurf believes that Santa is real because he suspects Santa to be the one drinking up all the leftover Christmas beer.