- This article is a stub. Please help out the Camp Camp Wikia by expanding it.
|“||Totally tubular! Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say, we all saw this coming!||”|
"Jasper Dies at the End" is the 5th episode of the second season of Camp Camp and is the 17th episode overall.
|“||David reminisces a tale from his younger days back when he was a Campbell camper. When his fellow camper Jasper gets lost on a trek, it's up to young Davey to rescue him. Can he get to him before he's lost forever?||”|
David drives Space Kid to the hospital after Max, Nikki, and Neil glue him in a cardboard spaceship.
- The title of the episode is purposefully ironic, as Jasper does not die at the end of the episode, leaving how he did die to remain a mystery.
- It could be assumed that the title is referencing how Jasper's love for Camp Campbell dies at the end of the episode, not how he actually dies.
- In this episode, David reveals that he used to attend Camp Campbell back when he was a child. He also reveals that he was a mischievous troublemaker, much like Max. This suggests that David might believe Max will turn out like him when he grows up.
- Although Darla and Gregg, the camp counselors during David's camper days, share features that suggest that they could be Gwen's parents; however, Jordan Cwierz stated in a Reddit Q&A that they have been canonically confirmed to not be her parents.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the David Wong novel John Dies at the End.
- The reason why Campbell asks Davey if he ever plans on having kids before he proceeds to use his phone may be a reference to how people believed that phones produced radioactivity that affected people's health.
- Another time where the Quartermaster's immortality is hinted is in the episode NIGHT OF THE LIVING ILL," when a test tube labeled "Elixir of Immortality" is shown in the Campbell Laboratory underneath Campbell's Mansion, which Quartermaster visits often.
- This episode reveals that Jasper was a Camp Campbell camper and knew David as a kid.
- The two bears killed by Cameron Campbell are the same two stuffed bears that are being kept in the Campbell Manor shown in "Journey to Spooky Island".
- The tracks that Davey and Campbell followed don't match the tracks that Jasper and the bear made after it drags him away to its den.
- The Camp Camp mobile was missing its steering wheel before David started his flashback, it only appeared near the end of the episode when it was already night time.
- The rearview mirror on the Camp Camp mobile disappears after Nikki states that they've run out of gas.
- David and Jasper were awarded badges despite Camp Campbell not being the type of camp to award their campers with badges.
- David's badge wasn't seen as a decoration of the Camp Camp mobile in previous episodes.
- The transcript for "Jasper Dies at the End" may be edited here.
- Main article: Jasper Dies at the End/Gallery