- This article is a stub. Please help out the Camp Camp Wikia by expanding it.
Camp Camp is an ongoing American Rooster Teeth 2D Animated comedy cartoon web series created by and from Rooster Teeth Productions' Jordan Cwierz and Miles Luna. Its first episode, "Escape from Camp Campbell", premiered on June 10, 2016 on the Rooster Teeth website as part of their "Summer of Animation". It is about about the exploits of a group of campers and their counselors during their stay at the horribly run-down Camp Campbell. It also primarily focuses on a young boy named Max who is forced to go to summer camp but makes two friends there who help him constantly torment their camp counselor, David. The show was first announced on April 1, 2016 alongside the premiere of RWBY Chibi and the fourteenth season of Red vs. Blue. The first season originally consisted of 10 episodes. Two more episodes have been ordered for the first season for a total of 12, due to positive reception. Typical episode running time varies from eight to twelve minutes.
Season 2 was announced on January 23, 2017 for a June 9, 2017 premiere, almost one year after the first season debut.
The first episode aired for sponsors on June 10, 2016. There are also a couple of trailers, and a faux-advertising reel for the camp. A second season of Camp Camp was announced in February 2017 alongside the premiere of Day 5. The trailer premiered on May 25, 2015. The second season premiered on June 9, 2017.
The series is created by Jordan Cwierz, Miles Luna and is written by Kerry Shawcross, Gray Haddock and the former; it is directed by Jordan Cwierz. Starring Michael Jones as the voice of Max, Miles Luna as David, Elizabeth Maxwell as Nikki, Yuri Lowenthal as Neil and Lee Eddy as the voice of Gwen.
Because this is another 2D animated web cartoon series also created by Rooster Teeth which includes a large number of the RT animation/production staff and crew who were previously involved with making, creating and animating X-Ray and Vav, it has essentially replaced X-Ray and Vav, which was cancelled and had ended after Ray Narvaez, Jr. recently expressed disinterest in reprising his main character for another third season. In addition to Ray stating that he would not reprise his role any longer (because he likes where season 2 has ended and doesn't want to do anymore, despite Season 3's plot and once being a fan of voice acting), there was also the mention of how well season 2 had ended and the rest of the Rooster Teeth X-Ray and Vav animation/production/direction/creation staff dropping and abandoning work on the project, having shifted their focus onto other Rooster Teeth content, projects and shows such as Rooster Teeth's "Summer of Animation" being on their animation's main top priority list (RWBY Chibi, Red vs Blue Season 14, Camp Camp and RWBY Volume 4).
Season 3 was announced on January 17, 2018 to premiere some time in the fall of the same year. Premiering alongside new seasons of RVB, RWBY and along with two new Rooster Teeth animations, that being "gen:LOCK" and "Nomad of Nowhere", respectively.
|“||Camp Camp tells the story of Max, a jaded ten year old, who finds himself stuck at a dysfunctional summer camp run by a shady business mogul who is looking to turn a profit any way he can. The cynical Max will have to survive annoyingly cheerful counselor David, the weird cast of campers, and bizarre surprises at every turn before he can escape for home.||”|
—Series description, Rooster Teeth website
- Michael Jones as Max
- Yuri Lowenthal as Neil
- Elizabeth Maxwell as Nikki
- Miles Luna as David
- Lee Eddy as Gwen
- Shannon McCormick as Quartermaster
Major Supporting Cast
- Lindsay Jones as Space Kid
- Jen Brown as Ered
- Barbara Dunkelman as Nerris
- James Willems as Dolph
- Yotam Perel as Harrison
- Blaine Gibson as Nurf
- Georden Whitman as Preston
- Travis Willingham as Cameron Campbell
- Jordan Cwierz as Platypus
- Samantha Ireland as Sasha / Erin / Tabii
- Kirk Johnson as Edward Pikeman
- Griffin McElroy as Jasper
- Main article: List of Camp Camp ending themes
- The show has a handful of running gags. Such includes:
- David getting injured in the most outrageous of ways. Like getting hit by a bus numerous time or having been set on fire a couple of times. He also screams in a girly manner as he's harmed.
- People forgetting Gwen's name and instead calls her other names that start with the letter "G".
- Thunder and lightning crashing down from the sky every time a character mentions Spooky Island.
- Nikki stating the word for the said onomatopoeia instead of expressing it.
- An example of this is when she says "bark bark bark" instead of actually barking and says "Gasp!" instead of actually gasping in "Reigny Day".
- Tabii repeatedly mentioning that her name has two "I"s. Which becomes ironic after she loses her left eye in Bonjour Bonquisha.
- Campers appearing behind either of the counselors' legs out of thin air.
- As of January 3, 2018, figurines of the main Camp Camp characters have been announced to the public which started being sold in the Rooster Teeth online store that same month.
- Some of the other Camp Camp merchandise that can be found on the Rooster Teeth store are the Platypus plushie and patches with the activities listed in the Camp Camp Song Song.
- Gray Haddock stated that RT will release a Blu-Ray for the first two seasons, featuring commentary tracks for all episodes and the unaired Camp Camp pilot.
- Camp Camp has also been referenced in several other Rooster Teeth media, such as RWBY Chibi.
- In the episode, "The Vacuum", Ruby is seen reading a Camp Camp comic book with the show's promotional poster as the cover. Later in the episode, Jaune hums the theme song as he walks across Ruby's cape with his muddy shoes.
- In the episode, "Movie Night", one of the posters showing the premieres of the new movies include a movie of what seems to be the chibi version of Camp Camp, called "Chibi Chibi". With Nikki, Neil and Max on the said poster.
- In the episode "Road Trip", Jaune Arc starts singing the theme song in order to stop Cinder from kidnapping him and Ren.
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/17/rwby-rooster-teeth/
- ↑ Camp Camp Toys announced by @graymartigan https://twitter.com/graymartigan/status/948703633725538304
- ↑ Nomad Update: You only get to make a FIRST impression once